To our valued customers and community members,
At Lubbock Electric Co., we are committed to the health and safety of our employees. At the same time, we are equally committed to serving the needs of our industrial clientele. Our repair and equipment services support many of the Critical Infrastructure Sectors identified by the Cyber and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), including the Food and Agriculture Sector, the Healthcare and Public Health Sector, the Water and Wastewater Sector, and Critical Manufacturing. Our services ensure these essential operations continue running with minimal downtime. For this reason, Lubbock Electric Co. will stay open.
We share your concern for limiting the transmission of COVID-19 in the community. Therefore, we have taken the following measures to protect the health of our employees, customers, and the community at large:
- Social distancing is being strictly enforced at Lubbock Electric Co. throughout its facilities. Employees, customers, and vendors are not permitted to be within six feet of each other.
- At our public entrance, no more than 2 customers are permitted inside at a time. Others will be asked to wait in their vehicles. Only one customer may approach the customer service counter at a time.
- Frequently touched surfaces are being cleaned and disinfected daily at a minimum. At the customer service counter, high touch points are disinfected hourly.
- Hand sanitizer and a hand-washing station are provided to customers. There are multiple hand sanitizer dispensers and hand-washing stations available to employees throughout the premises.
- As of March 17th, Lubbock Electric salespeople ceased visiting customer locations and began working from home. All of their meetings are conducted electronically.
- Two or more people are not permitted to occupy a small office room.
- Employees who display symptoms of COVID-19 or have a live-in relative with symptoms are required to stay home.
To keep our clients operational, we continue to offer the following services:
- Our repair operations continue to be fully staffed to ensure quick turnaround times on critical repairs. Customers who are picking up or dropping off equipment for repair are asked to check in at the customer service counter first before going to the repair department.
- Field repair technicians continue to perform emergency repairs at client facilities. They are directed to wear personal protective equipment, including gloves and cloth face masks, to protect them from potential exposure. Additionally, they are required to maintain a social distance of six feet from all client personnel.
- Deliveries of new product and repaired equipment are free to any address within Lubbock County. We have added new delivery options beyond Lubbock County as well. Customers may call (806) 744-2336 to request delivery service.
- We continue to maintain a large inventory of electric motors, controls, air compressors and compressor parts, hydraulic equipment, belts, sheaves and bushings, bearings, LED lighting, and more. We are communicating regularly with our suppliers to ensure that critical industries have quick access to the equipment and materials they need.
We are closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19, and we are prepared to adjust our operations and procedures as needed to follow the recommendations of public health authorities. We will do whatever it takes to protect the community and keep industry running. We thank all of our employees and customers for their support and cooperation as we navigate through this unprecedented period.
Your Friends at Lubbock Electric Co.
Please call (806) 744-2336 with questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions. Our customer service team can answer most questions, and management is also accessible at this number.