LECO Careers & Employment Benefits
At Lubbock Electric, our reputation precedes us. We're a trusted leader in cotton gin technology, electric motors, and systems integration. Each day, we're relied upon to deliver superior expertise, products, and service. It's a level of quality that's required to sustain West Texas cotton gins, hospitals, city plants, oil fields, factories, and municipal water systems. We take pride in providing jobs for Lubbock. With seven operating departments, a career at Lubbock Electric is a solid opportunity to learn, develop, and advance your skills. Lubbock Electric works hard to promote recognition, quality work, responsibility, advancement, achievement, wellness, and personal growth with our employees.
We take pride in providing rewarding jobs for the Lubbock community. With seven operating departments, a career at Lubbock Electric is a solid opportunity to learn, develop, and advance your skills. We work hard to promote recognition, quality work, responsibility, advancement, achievement, wellness, and personal growth.
Lubbock Electric looks for these qualities in potential employees:
- Proven Success
- Work Experience
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Strong Ethics
- People Skills
- Communication Skills
- Organization & Planning
Full-Time Employee Benefits at Lubbock Electric:
- Market-Aligned Salaries & Hourly Rates with Opportunities For Overtime and Double Time For Hourly Paid Employees.
- 4 Mandatory Holidays Per Year: Christmas Day, New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day
- 6 Days of Vacation + 1 Additional Vacation Day For Each Year Employed
- Max Vacation of 12 Days
- HMO Health Insurance ($5000 deductible)
- Workers' Compensation
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Benny Card with $2500 limit) or Health Savings Account
- LECO Wellness Program Benefits ("Wellness Dollars" that can be used towards a gym membership, dietitian appointments, tobacco cessation, and counseling.)
- Monthly Safety Training
- 401K Double Match Up to 10% (Eligible after one year of employment)
- Company Vehicles For Sales & Field Service Employees
- 1% Commission For Sales Employees
For temporary employment, we use Express Employment Professionals.
Electric Motor Field Repair Mechanic
Lubbock Electric Co. is seeking a self-motivated and industrious repair technician for the 3 Phase Electric Motor Repair department. This technician will perform repairs on 3 phase electric motors at customer locations as well as in Lubbock Electric’s shop. This field mechanic will receive a company vehicle from Lubbock Electric.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a variety of climates, both indoors and outdoors, to repair electric motors
- Disassemble and inspect electric motors to determine the cause of failure using hand tools and power tools
- Install new or remanufactured electric motors on-site at customer locations
- Perform laser alignment and dynamic balancing services at on-site at customer locations
- Take electric motors that require extensive repair back to the shop at Lubbock Electric
- Represent Lubbock Electric to customers in a professional and cordial manner
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of training and experience in electric motor repairs
- Basic computer literacy required
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must have a basic set of mechanic’s tools
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending, etc.
- Must be able to be on-call 24/7 and work overtime on occasion
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and random, unannounced drug tests
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Training and experience in laser alignment (Training is scheduled for December, so prior experience is an advantage but not a requirement for candidates)
- Training and experience in dynamic balancing
- Training and experience in infrared thermal inspections
- Journeyman Electrician License
How to Apply:
- Download and complete this job application
Lubbock Electric Co. currently requires the services of a Water/Wastewater Engineer at its Lubbock, Texas location to design and oversee projects involving provision of potable water, and disposal of wastewater and sewage for our company’s Freshwater and Wastewater Systems Integration services.
- Design the supervisory electrical control systems for projects involving movement and storage of potable water and/or handling and disposal of wastewater and sewage
- Provide quantitative documentation for data acquisition, management, and analysis
- Visit customer sites located within a 100-mile radius as needed during regular business hours to provide start-up services for our projects, which could include double-checking field wiring, tuning process loop controls, ensuring proper operation, and commissioning the system for the owners
- Research, design, and oversee installation of water systems for industrial or municipal use
Minimum of Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Mail resume to Steve Moffett, Lubbock Electric Co., 1108 34th Street, Lubbock, TX, 79411.
Date Posted: November 7, 2018
Lubbock Electric Company is always looking for highly qualified master electricians and journeyman electricians. Download and complete this job application and bring it to 1108 34th Street, Lubbock, TX 79411 along with your resume.
Continue to check this page for specific job openings.