LECO Careers & Employment Benefits
At Lubbock Electric, our reputation precedes us. We're a trusted leader in cotton gin technology, electric motors, and systems integration. Each day, we're relied upon to deliver superior expertise, products, and service. It's a level of quality that's required to sustain West Texas cotton gins, hospitals, city plants, oil fields, factories, and municipal water systems. We take pride in providing jobs for Lubbock. With seven operating departments, a career at Lubbock Electric is a solid opportunity to learn, develop, and advance your skills. Lubbock Electric works hard to promote recognition, quality work, responsibility, advancement, achievement, wellness, and personal growth with our employees.
We take pride in providing rewarding jobs for the Lubbock community. With seven operating departments, a career at Lubbock Electric is a solid opportunity to learn, develop, and advance your skills. We work hard to promote recognition, quality work, responsibility, advancement, achievement, wellness, and personal growth.
Jump to Current Openings:
Warehouse Coordinator - Interviews will begin at the end of September & beginning of October 2018!
Lubbock Electric looks for these qualities in potential employees:
- Proven Success
- Work Experience
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Strong Ethics
- People Skills
- Communication Skills
- Organization & Planning
Full-Time Employee Benefits at Lubbock Electric:
- Market-Aligned Salaries & Hourly Rates with Opportunities For Overtime and Double Time For Hourly Paid Employees.
- 4 Mandatory Holidays Per Year: Christmas Day, New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day
- 6 Days of Vacation + 1 Additional Vacation Day For Each Year Employed
- Max Vacation of 12 Days
- HMO Health Insurance ($5000 deductible)
- Workers' Compensation
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Benny Card with $2500 limit) or Health Savings Account
- LECO Wellness Program Benefits ("Wellness Dollars" that can be used towards a gym membership, dietitian appointments, tobacco cessation, and counseling.)
- Monthly Safety Training
- 401K Double Match Up to 10% (Eligible after one year of employment)
- Company Vehicles For Sales & Field Service Employees
- 1% Commission For Sales Employees
For temporary employment, we use Express Employment Professionals.
Current Job Openings
Lubbock Electric Co. is seeking an experienced Warehouse Coordinator. This individual is responsible for shipping and receiving, inventory management, and cycle counting. This position works regular, full-time hours Monday to Friday with occasional overtime as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for continually organizing warehouse space.
- Receives and verifies accuracy of incoming shipments.
- Supervises the receipt, storage, order filing, and loading of inventory.
- Advises purchasing agents and department supervisors on items received, stored and checked out.
- Makes sure that products are put on the shelves in a timely manner
- Controls inventory levels, checks out parts and equipment to facility technicians.
- Sorts and places equipment on shelves or bins according to pre-determined sequence such as size, type style or product code. Labels equipment with identifying information.
- Coordinates an annual physical inventory count in March.
- Performs cycle counts on a regular basis.
- Investigates and reports warehouse inventory discrepancies.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures to direct operations of the warehouse.
- May delegate to part-time receiving staff.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a proficient computer and Microsoft Excel user
- 2+ years of previous warehouse, inventory, or shipping/receiving experience.
- Experience in operating forklifts
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently without regular direct supervision.
- The ability to bend, squat, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Supervisor experience is helpful
Pay will be commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
- If you have a detailed resume, please submit it along with your application.
Lubbock Electric Company is always looking for highly qualified master electricians and journeyman electricians. Download and complete this job application and bring it to 1108 34th Street, Lubbock, TX 79411 along with your resume.
Continue to check this page for specific job openings.