LECO Careers & Employment Benefits
At Lubbock Electric, our reputation precedes us. We're a trusted leader in cotton gin technology, electric motors, and systems integration. Each day, we're relied upon to deliver superior expertise, products, and service. It's a level of quality that's required to sustain West Texas cotton gins, hospitals, city plants, oil fields, factories, and municipal water systems. We take pride in providing jobs for Lubbock. With seven operating departments, a career at Lubbock Electric is a solid opportunity to learn, develop, and advance your skills. Lubbock Electric works hard to promote recognition, quality work, responsibility, advancement, achievement, wellness, and personal growth with our employees.
We take pride in providing rewarding jobs for the Lubbock community. With seven operating departments, a career at Lubbock Electric is a solid opportunity to learn, develop, and advance your skills. We work hard to promote recognition, quality work, responsibility, advancement, achievement, wellness, and personal growth.
Lubbock Electric looks for these qualities in potential employees:
- Proven Success
- Work Experience
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Strong Ethics
- People Skills
- Communication Skills
- Organization & Planning
Full-Time Employee Benefits at Lubbock Electric:
- Market-Aligned Salaries & Hourly Rates with Opportunities For Overtime and Double Time For Hourly Paid Employees.
- 4 Mandatory Holidays Per Year: Christmas Day, New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day
- 6 Days of Vacation + 1 Additional Vacation Day For Each Year Employed
- Max Vacation of 12 Days
- HMO Health Insurance ($5000 deductible)
- Workers' Compensation
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Benny Card with $2500 limit) or Health Savings Account
- LECO Wellness Program Benefits ("Wellness Dollars" that can be used towards a gym membership, dietitian appointments, tobacco cessation, and counseling.)
- Monthly Safety Training
- 401K Double Match Up to 10% (Eligible after one year of employment)
- Company Vehicles For Sales & Field Service Employees
- 1% Commission For Sales Employees
For temporary employment, we use Express Employment Professionals.
Lubbock Electric Co. is actively seeking a licensed Journeyman Electrician. This role works primarily in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising Apprentice Electricians at customer sites
- Bend pipe, run wire, make connections, handle wire and conduit sizing, and terminate cable
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues on-site
- Manage short-term and long-term projects, such as new plant construction, MCC installation, and control panel installation
- Perform various facility maintenance duties as assigned
Typical Work Sites:
- Cotton Gins
- Processing Plants
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Municipal Plants
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- TLDR Journeyman Electrician license
- 4+ years of electrical experience
- Must have knowledge of 3 phase, 480 volt power
- Must have knowledge of electric motors and control panels
- Must be able to understand electrical schematics and blueprints
- Must have knowledge of electrical safety
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Overnight travel may be required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- 2+ years of industrial experience
- Experience performing electrical work in cotton gins
- Experience troubleshooting automation controls
- Degree in electric-related field
- Specialized certifications, such as Thermal Imaging, are highly desired
Pay will be commensurate with experience. Journeyman Electricians are eligible to receive a company vehicle.
3 Ways to Apply:
- Download and complete this job application and bring it to 1108 34th Street, Lubbock, TX 79411,
- Apply online.
Lubbock Electric Company is always looking for highly qualified master electricians and journeyman electricians. Download and complete this job application and bring it to 1108 34th Street, Lubbock, TX 79411 along with your resume.
Continue to check this page for specific job openings.