LEC-200 Electronic Seed Scales
The largest seed scales you need for your high capacity gin is here!
We took our experience and basic design that has made the LEC-100 so popular to build the new LEC-200. We re-designed the shape and size of the hopper to effectively double the amount of seed that can be weighed in one batch. We strengthened the structure with additional bracing and added cylinders on the opposite side of each hopper. More conventional cylinders were chosen, and the air valves were remote-mounted for ease of servicing. Even though we still have a relatively compact design, the scale had to be increased in size from the existing design (see drawing on reverse side).
If you are familiar with the operation of our other scales, you will already be trained to operate the LEC-200 because the PLC program and touch screen operator interface is identical to our other electronic scales. An NTEP approved scale head with electronic load cells delivers accurate weights in the demanding environment of today's gin. The touch screen operator display can be remotely mounted, and it has been designed for serial connectivity with most personal computer software. The upper and lower hoppers have air cylinder operated ‘clamshell’ style doors that dump cleanly and have maximum clearance above the seed plug or vacuum. The scale is more nearly square in design to facilitate higher capacities in compact spaces. The housing is heavy gauge steel and all wear parts have been strengthened for long, trouble-free operation.
OPERATION (SAME AS THE LEC-100)
During normal operation, seed is weighed in the bottom hopper. A changeable set point tells the top hopper to close, which blocks off the incoming flow momentarily. The PLC reads the weight, then opens the bottom hopper to dump the seed. The bottom hopper closes and re-zeros the scale head. The top hopper reopens to start a new batch. When the press turns, the remaining seed is weighed to complete the total for that bale.
The operator touch screen and control contains numerous other functional features. The last twelve bales remain in view, and a preset value can turn on a warning light to alert the ginner that it is almost time to cut a bale. The hopper doors can be opened from the touch screen to permit continuous ginning should the seed scales malfunction. Separate adjustments are available through a password-protected screen for regular operation versus seed catches.
- The operator touch screen allows the user to have complete control of the scales.
- The current seed weight (as well as the previous twelve weights), is prominently displayed.
- The hopper set point is user-adjustable to fit the capacity of the gin as well as the capacity of the seed blower and seed plug.
- The alert set point is user-adjustable and warns that the next bale is almost ready.
- When the seed catch button is pressed twice, the button flashes and the cumulative weight is displayed until the seed catch is turned off.
- When accessed, the utility screen allows the user to manually operate the doors, change any of the set points, adjust the seed values, adjust the seed catch values, change the time, or turn the automatic reset off.
(we'll take your old LEC-100 in trade when you upgrade to the new LEC-200!)